Sunday 13 January 2013

So I'm on my way...

Running. Yup.

5:2 Fasting. Yup.

Is it just me but whenever I type 'Fast' it always comes out as 'Fats'. Freudian slip perhaps or just really poor typing skills.

Well it's a couple of weeks on now and the half-marathon is looming large in my head. April 14th is exactly 13 weeks from today. In between times I'm going to Egypt for a weeks R&R (let see how the fasting goes when you are all inclusive eh?). This morning I went for a short run (it started of a short run but ended up being 8.4 Km in length). It is snowing but I have the bad weather running gear so I might as well use it.

Plugged into the Samsung S3 (which is the best phone Mobile Entertainment/Data Centre/Thing in the world) I set off into the snowy morning. 8.42 Km later i was back home. I'm AMAZED. I still have breath in my body and did not require CPR. (and now an hour later after a shower, egg rolls, and a swimming pool of water I'm typing this, rather than lying curled up in a corner weeping.)

Which is nice


So take heart all my fellow overweighties - If I can do this, then so can you.

And I'm down to 126.5 KG, only another 30.5 to go...

Alan S.


No comments:

Post a Comment