Wednesday 23 January 2013

And 'Pop' goes the tendon...Gosh Darn It!

'Oh me aching leg', as my granny used to say. I think. Maybe it was your granny, but what do I know?

Oh yes...I DO know that my bloody leg is bloody sore. And that's swearing!

Mmm...actually is it?

A small homily comes to mind, a favourite of mine and my peers, from when I was but a small lad aged about 7:

Bloody's in the bible,
Bloody's in the book,
and if you don't believe me,
You can take a bloody look!

So there! Thanks little Alan!

What?

*Shakes head*

Anyhow...

Last Tuesday, when playing indoor cricket, I strained a tendon in my left calf. Described in this random internet page as a Grade 2 Injury:

Random Calf Strain Internet Page

And, because I do like to provide a service, here is another random page from the same source on how to treat such an injury:

How to treat muscle injuries

So no training for me since then. Grrr...

 Am I climbing the walls? Grrrrrrrrrrr......

Well not literally, cause I'm injured but yup, in my head I am. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Well I am not a growley (sic) person by nature (Really?) but I do get grumpy when I cant do what I need to do to reach my goals..

So tonight I am going to the gym for the first time to do some low-impact cross-trainer work and some swimming. This will hopefully get me back running again in the next few days. Just worried about pushing it and making it worse. But I'm starting to grump (Really?) so a little exercise is the best idea.

On another note - Dieting...

Tonight I am going to try the 'Zero Noodles' which the 5:2 Facebook group, of which I am a member,  introduced me too. I have ordered them from Holland and Barrett's website, as they don't stock them in the Livingston Store. But my long suffering girlfriend, who definitely doesn't like the grumpy version of me, managed to get me some from her local store in Cumbernauld.

Zero Noodles/ Low Kcal Pasta...

Yes indeedy. Cumbernauld   - The choice for a new generation (A generation which was new in the 1970's and we all know what they chose...) had them when Livingston didn't.

A sign! Well I am moving there in April. If I survive the noodles, and the leg.

Now actually when I think about it, Granny used gin when her leg was hurting. Maybe worth a try...

A.

5:2 Facebook page



No comments:

Post a Comment